Eight Perks To Using VA Home Loans:
- You do not have to make a down payment.
- You do not have to make PMI (private mortgage insurance) payments.
- You can buy investment property.
- You do not need to be a first-time homebuyer.
- You can purchase more than one property.
- You can reuse the benefit.
- The VA limits how much you can be charged for closing cost.
- The loan can be assumable by another qualified veteran.
On top of the 8 above perks, veterans, that are members of USAA can also receive a $350 TO $6,000 reward for buying or selling their home. (Based on price of the home.)
Enroll in USAA’s Real Estate Rewards Network program and:
- USAA assigns you a real estate agent to help you buy or sell a home.
- USAA also assigns you a support person that calls and e-mails to check up on your satisfaction with the agent and process.
- When you close, you receive a check for the reward amount.
According to USAA’s website, 92% of members who used this program would recommend it to others.
You can learn more about the program by calling 1-800-258-4060 or visiting usaa.com.